My daughter recently told us she preferred home cooked meals rather than take out food! Uh oh, guilty parent moment...
This was the kick start we needed to get more organised and plan family dinners.
With our busy schedule, we've found eating (good) home cooked meals each night can be a challenge. Especially with so many after-school activities that are just before (or on) dinnertime. After a few weeks, taking the time to plan out our weekly meals on a Meal Planner, has made all the difference.
Why didn't we start this sooner?!
We include the kids in choosing the menu for the week, so they get to add in their favourites! No more "what are we having for dinner?" everyone simply checks the list and can see what we're having.
Our first Meal Planner was simply having the meals up on a whiteboard, but that wasn't quite pretty enough for me! This Meal Planner Printable and Grocery List is my updated version and has helped us to get organised at dinnertime.
Plan your meals and write any notes you need; like activities for that day or which cookbook has the recipe for that meal.
So you have everything you need to actually cook the meals you've planned, a Grocery List is included also. There are 2 versions, one has a similar number of items per section (of the supermarket), while the other version has more weighting on produce and pantry. As I found that's what we needed more of on the list.
If you’re looking to get organised with meal planning too, go check out the Meal Planner and Grocery List Printable in the shop now.
What if you want to plan meals monthly, or take an inventory of the food in your freezer and pantry to plan ahead using what you have?
Meal Planning Kit printable
Then the printable Meal Planning Kit is everything you need to organise and take control of your kitchen.
This 21 page editable printable kit includes the following:
- Meal Planner Cover Page
- Meal Planner x 2: Plan your dinners and add notes, recipes or any evening activities for that day.
- Meal Planner: Plan breakfast, lunch and dinner for the week and a handy shopping list also included.
- Monthly Meal Planner x 2: For those who like to plan their meals monthly.
- Grocery List x 3
- Favorite Meals x 4: Create a collection of all your favorite meals to pull ideas from.
- Favorite Recipes x 2: Collect all your favorite recipes. Editable blank headings to make personal lists to pull ideas from.
- Pantry, Freezer and Fridge Inventory: Track quantities and dates of all your food items.
- Food Websites: Record all the foodie websites you love.
- Recipes to Try: Keep a list of all the recipes you want to try one day.
- BONUS: Dinner Party Planner: Plan a dinner party and keep all the details together with this bonus dinner party planner.
However you decide to plan your meals, simply getting started is the first step!
FREE Favourite Meals Printable
Want a free sample printable? Fill in your details below to download a free copy of the Favourite Meals Printable from the Meal Planning Kit. Create a collection of all your family favourite meals and successful new recipes to refer to when planning your meals.